After 11! hours of sleep last night I was ready to do some cleaning and organizing. I was hoping to get a few errands done but the weather is rainy out. So, I decided to make some muffins which I’ll freeze for the week.
I also got the house cleaned this morning. And am making some steps to feel more organized:
- Unsubscribing from junk emails. Every time I log onto the computer I have a million emails. It doesn’t take long to delete everything that’s unwanted but it’s clutter I don’t need.
- Making a list of salads and lunches in my phone for my next shopping trip. Going to the grocery store is not one of my favorite things to do. I find it really frustrating when I get there and only can find a few things we need and leave without anything for lunches during the week. I always find something to toss together for lunch but it probably makes me waste more time in the kitchen than needed on a weekday. It also adds to the stress of trying to get out the door and catch the train.
- Veggie stew. I love when my husband cooks up a new vegetarian creation on Sunday night. He usually makes a big pot which makes dinners so much easier during the weeks. It is so nice to come home to a homemade meal that is ready in 2 minutes. If there seems to be way too much for just the two of us I’ll fill up Tupperware and freeze portions for any easy to pack lunch on those days I don’t have my act together.
- Simplifying bill paying. I used to have to log in to several different accounts to pay my bills during the month. I started to worry that I could forget one. After all, those reminders are easy to ignore in the storm of unread junk emails. I set up my bank account online so all the bills now go to one account. Life is much easier now.
- Setting up any weekday chores in the morning or the night before. It’s so easy to come home, make dinner, relax… Who hasn’t vegged out only to remember that something needed to be washed and it’s now 10 o’clock? In the morning, if I have time, I try to leave out a reminder of what needs to be done. For example, I use a canvas LL Bean tote for laundry. I fill it up and leave it at the bottom of the stairs so I’ll see it when I get home and remember to toss the load in the wash before I make dinner. I do keep it simple – one weekday chore is plenty for me!