I purchased a new seat cushion for our office chair a few weeks ago. My poor bottom has not been comfortable sitting at our computer and I’ve been trying to find a cushion for months. The problem you ask? It seems like a simple purchase, but nothing is the right shape for our windsor chair. And sadly, this purchase didn’t fit either.
I had originally planned to return the cushion and make my own, but I knew in my heart that it would take me many more months to find the right fabric, the right cushioning, and the time to make a custom one. So, I decided to modify the one I already had. I started by cutting out a template.
Then I traced the template onto the cushion and removed the trim with a seam ripper. Seam ripping is so much fun. Far better than sewing in my book!
Then I decided to dive right in and stitch along the outline.
The shape looked about right… so I trimmed off the excess padding and fabric.
Then I finished the project by stitching the white piping along the edge back on. This step was the hardest part by far. It took a lot of stopping, seam ripping, and sewing to get the trim back on this cushion.
I’m happy to report my bottom is much happier now!
Storm Update: We are still without power and don’t see it coming anytime soon. All is well. Good thing I anticipated this outtage and got all my blog posts done on Saturday!