It’s been 11 months since my last post. How time flies?! I keep wanting to kill the blog but it’s just so handy to have all my paint colors easily accessible! All joking aside, I think the lull happened after I lost Designing Main Street. I thought it was a great idea to take my name as the new blog’s title and now I regret that. I’ve lost all anonymity. Here I am. For all those to see.
With a new project brewing, I feel the need to start things back up again. Maybe it’s to document those paint colors….
So, what did you miss the past year?
- Well, we got a new roof. Surprise! That was not anticipated since the roof was newer when we purchased the house. And now the house looks…. exactly the same. But dry. That’s good.
Can I just say, look at that lawn!
2. We finished the basement! Well, Howard finished the basement. Yay! That probably deserves it’s own post. It is show-off worthy.
3. The post light at the Cape house finally fell over. I said it would! So we have a new post light at the end of the driveway instead of in the middle of the lawn. And this reminded us that sometimes the easiest looking projects take all day.
4. I started brewing kombucha! While it has nothing to do with home improvements, I’ve learned everyone has an opinion about the fermented fizzy stuff. And it’s just fun to talk about.
5. And lots of little things in between like this awesome little tray I requested for my patio chair. Thanks Howard.
We also have a ton of projects on the horizon. And some of these we will now be tackling for the second time. Like painting indoor trim. Again? Yup. I can’t believe it’s almost been 10 years….